Wednesday, November 26, 2014

5th and 6th Grade: November 26, 2014

Today in class, we continued our first unit:  Mi rutina, la rutina de otros (My Routine and the Routine of Others).  Today we focused on things we do in the evening.


Ask your student:
  • At what time do we (usually) eat dinner?  Can you say that time in Spanish?   (See Review of Time below.  We have learned how to say simple phrases such as six o'clock and six thirty.)
  • Can you tell me one thing you do in the evening in Spanish?  (See vocabulary list below for vocabulary.)

Today's vocabulary:
  • por la noche = at night/in the evening
  • como la cena = I eat dinner
  • me pongo los pijamas = I put on my pajamas
  • me acuesto = I go to bed/I lie down
  • me duermo = I fall asleep
Review of time:
  • A las seis = at six o'clock
  • A las seis y media = at six thirty
  • A las ocho = at eight o'clock
  • A las ocho y media = at eight thirty

Homework:
  • Listen and sing along with our song:  Eres Todopoderoso.
  • Number practice:  THIS SONG reviews numbers 1-20 in Spanish
  • Practice our vocabulary words with THIS GAME.
  • Practice our Bible Memory Verse:  Galatians 5:22
    • En cambio, el fruto del Espíritu es amor, alegría, paz, paciencia, amabilidad, bondad, fidelidad, humilidad, y dominio propio.  Gálatas 5:22 (cinco, versículo veintidos)
    • Audio Version
    • After October 29, you can still earn 2 stickers for memorizing this verse.  
  • New Bible Memory Verse:  Luke 2:13-14
    • De repente apareció una multitud de ángeles del cielo, que alababan a Dios y decían: Gloria a Dios en las alturas, y en la tierra paz a los que gozan de su buena voluntad.  Lucas 2:13-14 (dos, versículos trece y catorce)
    • Audio Version coming soon
    • By memorizing this verse and saying it to me on or before December 17, you will earn 4 stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment