Wednesday, November 12, 2014

5th and 6th Grade: November 12, 2014

Today in class, we began a new unit:  Mi rutina, la rutina de otros (My Routine and the Routine of Others).  We will be learning a lot of daily routine vocabulary and how our daily routine differs from routines in other countries.  Today we focused on things we do to get ready in the morning.

Ask your student:
  • What do you like to drink with breakfast in the morning? (We learned 3 options in class:  agua-water, leche-milk, jugo-juice. )

Today's vocabulary:
  • por la mañana = in the morning
  • me levanto = I get up
  • me visto = I get dressed
  • me lavo la cara = I wash my face
  • me lavo los dientes = I wash (brush) my teeth 
  • como el desayuno = I eat breakfast
  • bebo = I drink
    • agua = water
    • leche = milk
    • jugo = juice
  • A las siete = at seven o'clock
  • A las siete y media = at seven thirty
  • A las ocho = at eight o'clock
  • A las ocho y media = at eight thirty

Homework
  • Listen and sing along with our song:  Eres Todopoderoso.
  • Practice our vocabulary words with this QUIA ACTIVITY.
  • Complete this QUIA ASSIGNMENT (Worth 2 stickers)
  • Practice our Bible Memory Verse:  Galatians 5:22
    • En cambio, el fruto del Espíritu es amor, alegría, paz, paciencia, amabilidad, bondad, fidelidad, humilidad, y dominio propio.  Gálatas 5:22 (cinco, versículo veintidos)
    • Audio Version
    • After October 29, you can still earn 2 stickers for memorizing this verse.  
  • New Bible Memory Verse:  Luke 2:13-14
    • De repente apareció una multitud de ángeles del cielo, que alababan a Dios y decían: Gloria a Dios en las alturas, y en la tierra paz a los que gozan de su buena voluntad.  Lucas 2:13-14 (dos, versículos trece y catorce)
    • Audio Version coming soon
    • By memorizing this verse and saying it to me on or before December 17, you will earn 4 stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment