Wednesday, September 18, 2013

2/3: September 18, 2013

Today in class, we continued our first unit:  Mi rutina, la rutina de otros (My Routine and the Routine of Others).  Today we focused on things we do in the afternoon.


Ask your student:
  • Each week, we practice Spanish numbers.  What is your favorite game to play?   (Our three main games are "the number line game"-students try to guess my number, "the matching game"-a "Memory" style game, and "the towel game"-two students hold up a towel, and two other students stand on opposite sides, facing each other.  Each one holds up a number.  When the towel is dropped, the students who are facing each other need to say the number that the other one is holding.)
  • Can you tell me one thing you do in the afternoon in Spanish?  (See vocabulary list below for vocabulary.)

Today's vocabulary:
  • por la tarde = in the afternoon
  • voy a = I go to 
  • como el almuerzo = I eat lunch
  • juego con mis amigos = I play with my friends 
  • leo un libro = I read a book 
  • hago mi tarea = I do my homework 
Review of time:
  • A las doce = at noon/at twelve o'clock
  • A las doce y media = at twelve thirty
  • A la una = at one o'clock
  • A la una y media = at one thirty

Homework:
  • Sing along with our song:  Yo Tengo Gozo
  • What does Pedro do all day?  Watch THIS VIDEO to find out what Pedro does all day.  Use the worksheet we started in class to record your answers. 
    • Did you misplace the worksheet that was handed out in class?  You can find a copy of it HERE.  The top half we completed in class, the bottom half is for this assignment.
  • Practice our Bible verse:  1 Corinthians 10:31.  CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment