Wednesday, April 11, 2018

5th and 6th Grade: April 11, 2018

We continued our "amigo del día" unit.  Over the next few weeks, we'll be highlighting students in our class as we learn all about each other and "me gusta" (I like) vocabulary phrases.


Ask your student:
  • Who were the amigos del día today?  What did you learn about them?  What do they like?  What don't they like?  (If you need to refresh your memory, we had FOUR amigos today!  Look at the vocabulary list below.  To protect privacy, I just listed each amigo's initials before the words we learned while talking about them.)
Vocabulary:
Words in bold are new this week, others are review.
To keep this list from getting too long, only this week's amigos are listed.  You can view previous blog posts to review vocabulary from other "amigos."
  • KB
  • la universidad (la uni) - the university
  • el fútbol americano
  • LN
  • los botes - the boats
  • la lacrosse - lacrosse
  • jugar - to play 
  • GM
  • las arañas - the spiders
  • las fresas - the strawberries
  • el pescado - fish (food you eat)
Grammar Concept
Me gusta vs Me gustan
  • In Spanish you use "Me gusta" (I like) when what you like is either an action or a singular noun.
    • Examples:
    • Me gusta cantar.  = I like to sing.  (sing = action)
    • Me gusta la casa.  = I like the house.  (the house = singular)
    • Me gusta limpiar la casa.  = I like to clean the house.  (I like "to clean" = action)
    • Me gustar leer los libros.  = I like to read the books.  (I like "to read" = action...even though books is plural, the action comes first.)
  • In Spanish you use "Me gustan" (I like) when what you like is plural.
    • Examples:
    • Me gustan las piñatas. = I like the piñatas.  (piñatas = plural)
    • Me gustan los zapatos.  = I like the shoes.  (shoes = plural)
    • Me gustan los zorros.   = I like the foxes.  (foxes = plural)
  • Me encanta/Me encantan is used to talk about something you REALLY like or love.
    • Examples:
    • Me encantan los pastelitos. = I love cupcakes.  (pastelitos = plural)
    • Me encanta nadar. = I love to swim (swim = action)

Homework:
Please email me if you need your Quia username and/or password.


No comments:

Post a Comment