Wednesday, February 3, 2016

3rd Grade: February 3, 2016

Today in class, we continued learning words for a Bible story in Spanish!  We now have all the words we need, and next week, we'll talk about the story of the Good Samaritan all in Spanish.

Ask your student:
  • What was your story about in Spanish class?  (Using the words we've been learning, students were able to finish a story that I started.  I was quite impressed with their creative endings.  I was even more impressed that they wrote those creative endings all in Spanish!)
Today's vocabulary:
  • New
    • venía - he/she was coming
    • venga - come on
    • el hombre - the man
  • Review
    • se fue - he/she left
    • ¿quién? - who?
    • puedo - I am able (can)
    • no puedo - I am not able (can't)
    • regresaré - I will return
    • pronto - soon 
    • el camino - the path, the road
    • camina - he/she walks
    • ayuda - he/she helps
    • ¡Ayúdame! - Help me!
    • dijo - he/she said
Homework:
  • New vocabulary practice game (link coming by Thursday afternoon)
  • Did you miss last week's assignment?  Catch up here!
  • Second Semester Bible Memory
    • This semester, we'll be memorizing two short passages in Spanish.  Students received a hard copy of the verses in class.  If your student misplaced the paper, you can print a new copy HERE.
    • Verses for January and February
    • Yo soy el buen pastor; conozco a mis ovejas y ellas me conocen a mí, así como el Padre me conoce a mí, y yo lo conozco a él, y doy mi vida por las ovejas.  Juan 10:14-15 (Juan diez, versículos catorce y quince)
    • Audio version coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment